Important change from 1 July 2017

From 1 July 2017, this form will be replaced by the digital duties form.

General information

If you buy or acquire any land in Victoria, you must complete and lodge a purchaser statement even if you believe that you are not a foreign purchaser.

The additional duty applies to any contract or transaction entered into on or after 1 July 2015 for residential property where the transferee is a foreign purchaser and which involves:

  • Buying a home at, for example, auction or by private sale,
  • Being given a home as a gift,
  • Certain leasing arrangements,
  • Transfers of interest in a deceased estate

You must still lodge this purchaser statement with us for any Victorian land you buy or acquire, even if you believe you are not a foreign purchaser.

In certain circumstances, the Treasurer may exercise his discretion and exempt foreign corporations and foreign trusts from the additional duty. However, you must apply for this discretion before the completion of your transaction.

Note: if there is more than one transferee, each transferee is required to complete their own purchaser statement.


Gather required information

You’ll need the following information to complete the Purchaser Statement Duties Form 62:

  • Type of transferee, citizenship or visa status, and relevant contact details,
  • Foreign corporation or trust details (if applicable),
  • Property information, including title, volume and folio, lot and plan

Complete the statement

This statement must be printed and completed by hand in block letters using blue or black pen.


Lodge the statement

Conveyancing industry

This transaction should be processed through Duties Online. As such, once you have completed your statement you should give it to a lodging agent (usually your financial institution or your solicitor), who will lodge it with your transfer documentation.

If you do not have a lodging agent, please refer to our list of registered Duties Online users to find one that is convenient for you to use.


Members of the public who are not using a DOL registered user (usually a solicitor or conveyancer) and wish to lodge electronically as an individual can do so after a simple registration process. You can electronically lodge scanned documents for a land transfer of declaration of trust via our website after you register with us

Next steps

This statement will form part of your settlement process, and a duty assessment will be issued once we have received all relevant documentation. If we require further information, we will contact you.