The growth areas infrastructure contribution (GAIC) is a contribution on certain land in the growth areas of metropolitan Melbourne. GAIC may apply if your land is in:
- Whittlesea, and
Certain GAIC events within these areas are exempt or excluded from GAIC so no GAIC is payable. If this is the case, you or your representative can apply to us for a certificate of no GAIC liability. A certificate of no GAIC liability enables the registration of a land transfer, a subdivision or the issuing of a building permit in respect of the relevant land.
To apply for your certificate, you must complete the application form on screen and submit electronically.
Prepare your information
The following information is needed to complete Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution Consolidated Form (GAIC-Form-02), but please refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Your contact details including residential address, mailing address, phone number, email address and website (if applicable),
- Your relationship with the land (as the owner, owner’s representative, land buyer, land buyer’s representative, or involved in the significant acquisition of an interest in the landholder),
- The grounds for no GAIC liability,
- Details of the land, including address, lot number, plan number and municipality,
- If the applicant for the certificate is not the owner of the land, the owner’s details,
- Confirmation whether the applicant has ownership (either full or part) in the land,
- If a GAIC event has/will occur, the type of GAIC event, the date it occurred (or is scheduled to occur) and the amount of the GAIC liability
- Details of the landholder including, registered address, ABN (for all companies) and Australian Registered Scheme Number’s (for all unit trusts), and
- Details of the significant acquisition, including:
- The date the significant acquisition was made,
- Whether the significant acquisition was a result of a single acquisition, an aggregation of acquisitions or an acquisition of a remaining interest in the landholder,
- The percentage of the significant interest that the applicant acquired and
- If a Section 83 Landholder Acquisition Statement (Duties-Form-58) has been lodged, the date it was lodged
If the GAIC event is a result of a significant acquisition you will need to provide the following information if you have not already provided it when the landholder acquisition statement was lodged:
- A full copy of the share/unit sale agreement relating to the significant acquisition,
- A copy of the relevant certificate of title for every land held by the landholder in the contribution area at the date of the significant acquisition,
- A full copy of the landholder's historical register of all shares or unit holders, and
- The landholder's statement of financial position (balance sheet) for the year immediately preceding the year in which the significant acquisition occurred
Complete and submit your application
The application form must be completed and submitted electronically.
Please note this application form can be used for purposes other than applying for an exemption from GAIC. Please complete each mandatory section.
Once you have provided all the relevant information, you must acknowledge the information you have provided is true and correct. To do this, you must provide:
- The name of signatory,
- Their position and organisation, and
- Signature date stamp (this appears automatically when the information field is activated)
You can save the form locally as a PDF at any time before you submit it and complete it at a later date.
The completed form can be printed for your records, however, you must do this before you submit it.
We use all the information in the application to update our records and may pass on the changes to other government agencies where we are authorised to do so.
If you have trouble submitting the form, please contact our GAIC area on (+61) 03 9628 0049.
Attach supporting documents
When you submit this application, you will be redirected to another page to attach supporting documentation (if applicable). You will then be asked if you want to elect to deliver any supporting documents to us manually at:
State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
State Revenue Office
Please continue to complete the submission process.
Download and save the receipt
After you submit your application you will then be directed to a receipt page.
Please note your receipt number (beginning with "GAIC-Form-02") and quote this number if you contact us about your application.
We will send the certificate to the postal address you have provided.
Alternatively, we may contact you if we need to discuss this matter further.