You are here

Important change from 1 July 2017

From 1 July 2017, this form will be replaced by the digital duties form

General information

A statement must be completed for transfers involving the sale/transfer of residential land, including vacant residential land, or land use entitlements, entered into on or after 1 July 2012, where all goods are included in the contract price.

You can only use this form if the sale/transfer of the land:

  • Was for its unencumbered or market value
  • Was for the full interest in the land (not a fractional interest, for example 50 per cent)
  • Was not between associated persons, friends or cousins
  • Did not have option granted

Generally, you should complete this form if you are the vendor/transferor (i.e. you are selling or transferring your property to someone else). Only if you have difficulty doing so, should the purchaser/transferee fill in this form.


Gather required information

The following information and supporting documents are needed to complete the Goods Statement (Duties-Form-01), but refer to the form for specific instructions:

  • Declarant name and address,
  • Date of power of attorney (if applicable),
  • Particulars of the transaction, being the property details
  • Contract details, including those of the vendor and purchaser,
  • Transfer details,
  • Consideration and value

Complete your declaration

Your declaration can be completed:

  • On screen, printed and signed, or
  • Downloaded as a PDF, printed and completed by hand

Either way, the form must be signed prior to lodgement. If completing by hand, please use block letters in blue or black ballpoint pen.

Download the declaration


Lodge your declaration

Conveyancing industry

This transaction should be processed through Duties Online. As such, once you have completed your statement you should give it to a lodging agent (usually your financial institution or your solicitor), who will lodge it with your transfer documentation.

If you do not have a lodging agent, please refer to our list of registered Duties Online users to find one that is convenient for you to use.


Members of the public who are not using a DOL registered user (usually a solicitor or conveyancer) and wish to lodge electronically as an individual can do so after a simple registration process. You can electronically lodge scanned documents for a land transfer of declaration of trust via our website after you register with us

Next steps

We will process this form as part of the transfer of the title to the property.