Important change from 1 July 2017
The digital duties form must be used for all contracts or agreements for land transfer duty in Victoria entered into on or after 1 July 2017.
This all-in-one digital form replaces the traditional, paper-based land transfer duty forms with a single, streamlined online process.
Our website contains comprehensive resources to help you complete a digital duties form for your transaction.
A statutory declaration must be completed for transfers involving the sale/transfer of land or land use entitlements, entered into on or after 1 July 2012, where the transaction:
- Is for less than the unencumbered market value, and/or
- Is for less than the full interest, and/or
- Involves the transfer of goods with the property which are not included in the contract price, and/or
- Where an option has been granted in relation to the property
Gather required information
You need the following information and supporting documents to complete your Goods Statutory Declaration (Duties-Form-02), but refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Declarant name and address,
- Date of power of attorney (if applicable),
- Particulars of the transaction,
- Contract details, including vendor and purchaser,
- Transfer details,
- Consideration and value, and
- Additional goods and land not included in the contact
You must lodge the relevant supporting documents with your declaration, including the original completed transfer of land, or land use entitlement transfer form, signed and dated.
Complete your declaration
Your declaration can be completed:
- On screen, printed and signed, or
- Downloaded as a PDF, printed and completed by hand
Either way, the form must be signed prior to lodgement. If completing by hand, please use block letters in blue or black ballpoint pen.
Lodge your declaration
This transaction should be processed through Duties Online. As such, once you have completed your statement you should give it to a lodging agent (usually your financial institution or your solicitor), who will lodge it with your transfer documentation.
If you do not have a lodging agent, please refer to our list of registered Duties Online users to find one that is convenient for you to use.
Members of the public who are not using a DOL registered user (usually a solicitor or conveyancer) and wish to lodge electronically as an individual can do so after a simple registration process. You can electronically lodge scanned documents for a land transfer of declaration of trust via our website after you register with us.
We will process this form as part of the transfer of the title to the property.