At the SRO our people are our greatest asset, so recruiting and retaining the right candidate is very important.
Since we require a broad range of skills for the activities we undertake, there is more than one 'type' of person we seek to employ. For example, we need analytical thinkers for our policy roles to interpret complex legislative documents, and we need dynamic presenters for our tax education roles to deliver seminars to the public.
We expect our staff to be committed to the SRO's success and to demonstrate behaviours that reflect high levels of personal contribution, accountability, teamwork and trust. To maintain the Victorian community's confidence, all SRO employees must champion our corporate values:
Our Corporate Values
To maintain the Victorian community’s confidence, all SRO employees champion the values of:
- Respect - Treating colleagues and members of the Victorian community fairly and objectively
- Integrity - Being honest, open and transparent in all dealings and striving to earn and sustain public trust of a high level
- Accountability - Accepting responsibility for our decisions/actions and presenting work for appropriate scrutiny
- Responsiveness - Providing high-quality service and frank, impartial and timely advice to the Victorian community and government departments
- Innovation - Generating new ideas and ways of doing things, reflecting on experience and being open to new ways to improve practice
- Leadership - Demonstrating leadership by actively implementing, promoting and supporting the VPS values
- Human rights - respecting and promoting the human rights set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 by making decisions and providing advice consistent with human rights; and actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.
Additionally, we also value the following in our staff (CHAI):
- Commitment - being committed to your work and to the SRO
- Hard work - working to the best of your ability
- Achievement - meeting your goals, and
- Initiative - improving how we do our work
By recruiting staff with these values, we ensure that our people interact in a positive and integrated manner and work towards a common goal.
If you have a passion for excellence, personal integrity, can exercise good judgement and have a willingness to make a difference, view our current vacancies.