You must register with us as the owner of a public or private car park, or as an operator of a public car park, in the category 2 levy area.
Gather required details
You need the following information to complete your Application for Registration in Congestion Levy in Category 2 Area (SmartForm 06), but refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Your business trading name, ABN/ACN and SRO customer number (if applicable),
- Any other owner/s of the car park space/s,
- Any representative such as your accountant (if applicable),
- Nominated car park operator (if applicable) to receive your annual return and assessment (make sure you inform them you have done this), and
- Address details of any premises containing a car park space, the size of each space, when it commenced as a car park and the nominated car park operator (if applicable)
Complete your registration form
Complete your registration form entirely on screen and submit it electronically (no need to print and sign).
Supporting documents must be converted to an electronic format and attached for the lodgement process.
Lodge your registration form
Lodging a SmartForm application
When you submit the SmartForm, you will be asked to acknowledge the information you have given is true and correct. You must then provide:
- The name of signatory,
- Their position and organisation, and
- Signature date stamp (this appears automatically when the information field is activated)
You will be directed to a receipt page to download and save a copy for your records.
After registering, you will receive an annual return from us each November. You must complete the return and send it back to us by 21 January the following year so we can calculate your assessment.
Assessments are sent out in mid-March. If you sell a car park or a property to which parking spaces are attached or associated, or as a public car park operator you cease operation after registering, you need to change your details with us within one month.