The growth areas infrastructure contribution (GAIC) is a contribution on certain land in the growth areas of metropolitan Melbourne. GAIC may apply if your land is in:
- Whittlesea, or
A GAIC certificate tells you of any GAIC liability attached to your land. It may contain the following information:
- Amount of GAIC due and unpaid,
- Amount of deferred GAIC, including interest,
- The amount of GAIC subject to a staged payment arrangement, and
- Potential amount of GAIC, if a proposed GAIC event occurred in respect of the land in the contribution area.
To apply for your certificate, you must complete an application form on screen and submit electronically.
Prepare your information
The following information is required to complete the Application for Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution Certificate (GAIC-Form-01), but please refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Your contact details including residential address, mailing address, phone number, email address and website (if applicable),
- Details of the land, including address, lot number, plan number and municipality,
- Confirmation whether the applicant has ownership (either full or part) in the land, and
- If a GAIC event has/will occur, the type of GAIC event and the date it happened
Please read our information on GAIC events.
Complete and submit your application
The GAIC application form is completed and submitted electronically.
Once you have provided all the relevant information, you must acknowledge the information you have provided is true and correct. To do this, you must provide:
- The name of signatory,
- Their position and organisation, and
- Signature date stamp (this appears automatically when the information field is activated by clicking on the field)
The ‘save for later’ button on the form allows you to save your form to complete at a later date.
We use all the information in the application to update our records and may pass on the changes to other government agencies where we are authorised to do so.
If you have trouble submitting your application form, please contact our GAIC area on (+61) 03 9628 0049.
Attach supporting documents
When you submit this application, you will be redirected to another page to attach supporting documentation (if applicable).
At this stage you can elect to deliver any supporting documents to us manually to:
State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
State Revenue Office
Proceed through the online process to submit your application.
Download and save the receipt
After you submit your application you will be directed to a receipt page.
Please note your receipt number (beginning with "GAIC-Form-01") and quote this number if you contact us about your application.
Please download and save a copy of your submission for your records.
We will send the certificate to the email address you provide in your application. The certificate will only list GAIC information that we have available as at the time it is issued by us.
Where your land is not subject to GAIC, you may receive a letter from us confirming that no GAIC applies (instead of a certificate).