Skip to main content Skip to home page

You must register with us as the owner of a public or private car park, or as an operator of a public car park, in the category 2 levy area.

  1. Gather required details

    You need the following information to complete your application for registration as an owner or operator of a car park for the Congestion Levy, but refer to the form for specific instructions:

    • Your business trading name, ABN/ACN and State Revenue Office customer number, if applicable.
    • Any other owner/s of the car park space/s.
    • Any representative such as your accountant, if applicable.
    • Nominated car park operator, if applicable, to receive your annual return and assessment (make sure you inform them you have done this).
    • Address details of any premises containing a car park space, the size of each space, when it commenced as a car park and the nominated car park operator, if applicable.
  2. Complete and lodge your registration form

    Your registration form can be completed and lodged online.

Next Steps

After registering, you will receive an annual return from us each November. You must complete the return and send it back to us by 21 January the following year so we can calculate your assessment.

Assessments are sent out in mid-March.

You need to change your details within one month if you:

  • sell a car park or a property to which parking spaces are attached or associated, or
  • as a public car park operator you stop operating after registering.
Last modified: 27 July 2021
Take a moment to tell us why. If you'd like a response to your feedback, please contact us online instead.
Back to top