What is the purpose of this form?
The Victorian Government has announced a package to assist landlords and tenants impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Landlords and tenants are expected to negotiate a rent reduction in good faith. Guidance about what good faith negotiations entail is available on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website and the Victorian Small Business Commission website.
Landlords who provide eligible tenants impacted by the coronavirus pandemic with rent relief may be eligible for:
- a reduction of up to 50% on the property's 2020 land tax, and
- a reduction of 25% on the property's 2021 land tax (for rent relief provided between 1 January 2021 and 28 March 2021), and
- a further reduction of 25% on the property’s 2021 land tax (for rent relief provided between 28 July 2021 and 15 January 2022).
As part of the application process, your landlord must submit a declaration provided by you, their commercial tenant, that confirms you meet the eligibility criteria for land tax relief. Completing this form will enable your landlord to demonstrate that you are an eligible tenant and claim a land tax reduction on the property you lease.
Who can complete this form?
This form should be completed by a commercial tenant who is seeking or has received rent relief from their landlord due to coronavirus.
Landlords must not complete this form.
Where do I lodge this form?
Once you have completed this form online, you need to send it to your landlord. You can either:
- Enter your email address on the final page to receive a copy of this form, and then forward a copy of the form to your landlord, or
- Enter your landlord’s email address on the final page for a copy of this form to be sent to them directly.
Before you start, review our SmartForm tips as they will help you complete the form.