Our people are our greatest asset, so recruiting and retaining the right candidate is very important.
We require a broad range of skills for the activities we undertake and therefore there is more than one type of person we seek to employ. For example, for our policy roles we need analytical thinkers to interpret complex legislative documents, and for our tax education roles we need dynamic presenters to deliver seminars to the public.
We expect our staff to be committed to our success and demonstrate behaviours that reflect high levels of personal contribution, accountability, teamwork and trust. To maintain the Victorian community's confidence, all our employees must champion our corporate values.
Our corporate values
- Respect – Treating colleagues, public officials, and members of the Victorian community fairly and objectively, without discrimination, harassment or bullying.
- Integrity – Being honest, open, and transparent in all dealings, using powers responsibly, reporting improper conduct, avoiding any real or apparent conflicts of interest, and striving to earn and sustain public trust at a high level.
- Accountability – Working to clear objectives in a transparent manner and accepting responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- Responsiveness – Providing high-quality services to the Victorian community and frank, impartial and timely advice to the government, identifying and promoting best practice.
- Impartiality – Acting fairly and objectively and making decisions and providing advice on merit, without bias, favouritism, or self-interest.
- Leadership – Positively influencing, inspiring and empowering others, working cooperatively with colleagues, respecting and seeking the professional opinions of our colleagues and acknowledging their contributions.
- Human rights – Respecting and promoting the human rights set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 by making decisions and providing advice consistent with human rights, and by actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.
By recruiting staff with these values, we ensure our people interact in a positive and integrated manner and work towards a common goal.
If you have a passion for excellence and have personal integrity, can exercise good judgement and want to make a difference, search our current vacancies.