Exchange of properties (including transfers of land or land use entitlement), where there is no joint or common ownership of the properties
Each transfer is dutiable on the full value of the property transferred.
For each of the properties transferred:
- Any contract of sale or agreement made between the parties
- SRO Duties Form 2 (Goods Statutory Declaration)
- Evidence of the value of the property by:
- A letter of appraisal from a licensed real estate agent and a copy of the rate notice, or
- A valuation from a certified practising valuer who is a member of the API or by a member of the REIV with sworn valuer accreditation, or
- In circumstances where a letter of appraisal or sworn valuation could not be obtained, complete SRO Duties form 3 (Real property value statutory declaration). This form requires an explanation of the steps taken to obtain either of the appraisal or valuation.
- Copies of the certificate of title.
- In addition, for transfers of land use entitlement the following evidence is required:
- The share transfer, and
- The constitution or memorandum of articles of the company in which the shares are in. See Publication D4-04 Land Use Entitlements - Company share flats.