You are here

A trustee of a trust may choose to notify us of the:

  • Unit holders, or a change in the unitholder(s) in a unit trust scheme, or
  • Beneficial interest or a change of the beneficial interest in a fixed trust

If you choose to notify us of the unitholders or beneficiaries of a fixed trust, the land held under the trust will be assessed at the general rate of land tax.

You can notify us of the beneficial interest/unitholdings or the relevant changes by lodging Nomination of PPR subsequent PPR beneficiary and notification or change of beneficial interests (LTX-Trust-19).

Where a notification is/has previously been made, the trustee is required to notify us of any changes to the beneficial interest or unitholdings within one month of the change being effected. Any changes made will take effect from the next land tax year.

However, each unitholder or beneficiary may receive an assessment including their beneficial interest in the land with land they hold in their own right. A trust deduction will be provided for their share of the tax paid under the trust.

Before you can lodge LTX-Trust-19, the trustee of the trust must have also lodged a Notice of Trust Acquisition of an Interest in Land (LTX-Trust-08) and Notice of Acquisition of an Interest in Land (LTX-Form-01).

Please refer to our information on trusts and land tax for further details.


Gather required information

You need the following information to complete Nomination of PPR subsequent PPR beneficiary and notification or change of beneficial interests (LTX-Trust-19), but refer to the form for specific instructions:

  • Details of the trust, including ACN/ABN number,
  • The purpose of the notification or change, and
  • Details of the beneficiary or unitholder



Complete the notification

The notification can be completed and lodged online.

Complete the notification


Lodge your notification

When you have completed all relevant and mandatory information, select submit to lodge your notification.

Next steps

We will contact you (or your representative) in writing to advise you of the next step once your notice has been processed.