All businesses registered for payroll tax must perform an electronic annual reconciliation (e-AR) online via PTX Express at the end of each financial year. Each e-AR should take about 30 minutes to complete.
The 2015-16 e-AR has now closed. If you need to amend your 2015-16 annual reconciliation, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your 2016-17 e-AR must be completed and lodged with any amount owing by 21 July 2017. The e-AR will be available via PTX Express from late June 2017.
Gather supporting information
You need the following information before you lodge your e-AR:
- A break-up of Victorian wages into taxable components for the year,
- A break-up of the group Victorian wages into taxable components for the year (if you are the designated group employer),
- The total of any interstate wages paid,
- The amount of any Victorian primary tax paid for the period of this reconciliation,
- Interstate wages and tax paid in Victoria, for all members of the group (if you are the designated group employer),
- If you pay fringe benefits, your FBT return for the 2016-17 FBT year,
- Estimated Victorian and interstate wages for the following year, and
- Estimated group Victorian and interstate wages for the following year (if you are the designated group employer)
Complete your calculations
Our wages worksheet can help you calculate your total taxable wages. Taxable wages for June 2017 are included in the 2016-17 wages provided in the annual reconciliation.
If you have queries, please contact us on 13 21 61 or email to email@example.com.
Lodge your e-AR
Login to PTX Express and from the menu you can select and start the process to lodge your e-AR.
There is no need to contact us if you have forgotten your password, simply follow our instructions and a new password will be emailed to you automatically.
Please ensure you select the correct liability period (such as 1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017), and enter the wages details from your worksheet.
Payment options are displayed once you have lodged your return. A unique reference number is supplied with each e-AR. For fast, secure payment we recommend you pay online.
If your business fails to comply with its tax obligations, penalty tax of up to 25 per cent may be imposed for non-payment plus interest from the original due date on the amount not paid.