You are here

If you disagree with an assessment or a decision made in relation to an application for a grant or payment, you should first contact us as it may be possible to resolve the issue at this stage.

If the matter cannot be resolved and you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may lodge an objection.

What is an objection?

An objection is an internal review by an officer who is separate from and independent of those involved in the original decision.

When can you lodge an objection?

You can lodge an objection if you are dissatisfied with a tax assessment or a decision relating to an application for a First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) or Back to Work (BTW) payment. An objection must be lodged within 60 days of service of the assessment or decision.

How do you lodge?

An objection must be made by writing and must set out why you want the assessment/decision reviewed. More information about lodging an objection can be found on our website.

Seeking an external review

If you disagree with the outcome of an objection decision, you may ask for a further external review by Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and/or the Supreme Court.

More information on the appeals and review process can be found on our website.