You must register with us if you own premises in the category 1 levy area which contains or forms part of a car park. If there are several owners, only one needs to submit a form on behalf of all owners.

Note: the operator of a public car park must register within one month of becoming the operator to avoid penalties.


Gather required details

You need the following information to complete the Congestion Levy Application for Registration of Owner Form 04, but refer to the form for specific instructions:

  • Business details, including trading name, ABN/ACN and SRO customer number,
  • Details of any other owner/s of the car park space/s,
  • Representative details, such as your accountant (if applicable),
  • Nominated car park operator (if applicable) to receive your annual return and assessment,
  • Address details of any premises containing a car park space, the size of each space, when it commenced as a car park and the nominated car park operator (if applicable)

Complete your form

Your registration form can be completed:

  • On screen, printed and signed, or
  • Downloaded as a PDF, printed, completed and signed

Either way, the form must be signed prior to lodgement. If completing the form by hand, please use block letters in blue or black ballpoint pen.

Please contact us on 13 21 61 or email us at if you have any queries about registering.


Lodge your form


Send the form and any supporting documents by email to with a subject line “Register as Category 1 car park owner”.


Alternatively, mail the form and any supporting documents to:

State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
VIC 3001


State Revenue Office
DX 260090

Next steps

After registering, you will receive an annual return from us each November. You must complete the return and send it back to us by 21 January the following year so we can calculate your assessment. Assessments are sent in mid-March.

If you sell a car park or a property to which parking spaces are attached or associated, you need to change your details with us within one month of settlement.

If you sell the premises during an assessment year you are still liable for the levy for that assessment year as you owned or operated the premises to which parking spaces are attached or associated on 1 January of the assessment year.