Exchange of properties (including transfers of land or land use entitlement), where there is no joint or common ownership of the properties.
Each transfer is dutiable on the full value of the property transferred.
For each of the properties transferred:
- Any contract of sale or agreement made between the parties.
- Digital duties form (for all contracts or agreements entered into on or after 1 July 2017).
- Evidence of the value of the property by:
- a letter of appraisal from a licensed real estate agent and a copy of the rate notice, or
- a valuation from a certified practising valuer who is a member of the API or by a member of the REIV with sworn valuer accreditation.
- Copies of the certificate of title.
- In addition, for transfers of land use entitlement the following evidence is required:
- The share transfer.
- The constitution or memorandum of articles of the company in which the shares are in. See Publication D4-04 Land Use Entitlements - Company share flats.
Lodge 30 days before settlement through Duties Online