Sections: s10 (1)(a) & (d)
For sales involving transfers of land to associated persons, or fractional interests, or for less than market value.
- The Digital Duties Form.
- Any agreement or contract of sale (if any) between the parties.
- A copy of the Certificate of Title.
- Evidence of the value of the dutiable property by:
- A letter of appraisal from a licensed real estate agent and a copy of the rate notice.
- A valuation from a certified practising valuer who is a member of the Australian Property Institute (API) or by a member of the Real Estate Institute Victoria (REIV) with sworn valuer accreditation.
- A letter of appraisal, commissioned by or for a financial institution for security purposes, providing the valuation is by a certified practising valuer who is a member of the API or by a member of the REIV with sworn valuer accreditation. The letter of appraisal or valuation should be:
- In the case of a related party transfer for full or fractional interest (without a contract or that is a gift) - within six months of the date of the transfer.
- In the case of a sale under a contract between related parties - within six months of the date of the contract.
Note: Appraisals that do not state the valuer's qualifications will be rejected.
Lodge before settlement through Duties Online
Last modified: 30 October 2020