The 2022-23 electronic annual reconciliation is now available. It must be completed and lodged with any amount owing by 21 July 2023.
All businesses registered for payroll tax must perform the reconciliation online via Payroll Tax Express (PTX Express) at the end of each financial year. It should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Your 2022-23 reconciliation must be completed and lodged with any amount owing by 21 July 2023.
Mental health and wellbeing surcharge
The mental health and wellbeing surcharge commenced 1 January 2022.
You must pay the surcharge if you pay Victorian taxable wages and your Australian wages exceed the first annual threshold of $10 million, with a first monthly threshold of $833,333.
Gather supporting information
You need the following information before you lodge your annual reconciliation:
- a break-up of Victorian wages into taxable components for the year
- if you are the designated group employer, a break-up of the group Victorian wages into taxable components for the year
- the total of any interstate wages paid
- the amount of any Victorian primary tax paid for the period of the reconciliation
- if you are the designated group employer, interstate wages and tax paid in Victoria for all members of the group
- if you pay fringe benefits, your FBT return for the relevant financial year
- estimated Victorian and interstate wages for the following year
- if you are the designated group employer, estimated group Victorian and interstate wages for the following year.
Complete your calculations
Our wages worksheet can help you calculate your total taxable wages.
Taxable wages up to 30 June are included in that financial year's annual reconciliation.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Lodge your e-AR
You can log in to PTX Express and from the menu, select and start the process to lodge your annual return.
There is no need to contact us if you have forgotten your password, simply follow our instructions and a new password will be emailed to you automatically.
Please ensure you select the correct liability period (relevant financial year) in PTX Express and enter the wages details from your worksheet.
Payment options are displayed once you have lodged your return. A unique reference number is supplied with each reconciliation. For fast, secure payment we recommend you pay online.
Penalty tax of up to 25% may be imposed for non-payment, plus interest from the original due date of the unpaid amount.