Skip to main content Skip to home page

When you buy or acquire property in Victoria, you pay land transfer duty on your property, unless an exemption applies. The Evidentiary Requirements Manual provides guidance in relation to the evidence you need to provide the State Revenue Office so that we can assess your transaction or grant an exemption in accordance with the Duties Act 2000.

Most transactions need to be lodged through Duties Online:

  • Standard system assessed transactions prior to settlement via Electronic Lodgement Network Operator (ELNO) lodgement (DOL).  
  • Complex transactions 30 days prior to settlement via ELNO lodgement (Complex DOL).
  • After settlement, Electronic Lodgement Model (ELM) paper transactions via settlement statement.​ 

In a few rare instances, the State Revenue Office (SRO) may accept documents lodged outside of Duties Online. This is noted in the specific lodgement requirements. 

Digital duties forms

You must use the digital duties form for all contracts, or where there is no contract, all transfers, entered into on or after 1 July 2017. Any reference to these forms in the Evidentiary Requirements Manual should be read as a reference to the digital duties form.

Filter by: DOL  Filter by: Complex DOL  Filter by: ELM  Filter by: SRO  View All

Section Title Lodgement category Sub category Channel
s10 (1)(a) & (d) Transfers for full interest between unrelated parties (non-residential) Transfer to parties that are not related or associated Unrelated Party Transfers DOL
s56(1)(a), (2)(a), (3)(a) Transfers of farm to relative(s) - Exemption Primary Production Land Family Farm Exemption DOL
s56 Transfers of farms to relatives or charities Primary Production Land Family Farm transfer to a company, trust or association Complex DOL
s10(1)(a)&(d) Transfers of land and business and licensed premises Sale of Business and/or Goods Complex DOL
s41 (2) Transfers to trustees or custodians of superannuation funds or trusts Transfer to Superfunds DOL
s41(1) Transfers to trustees or custodians of superannuation funds or trusts Transfer to Superfunds DOL
s10(1)(a)&(d) Vesting order Historical & Terms Contracts SRO
Back to top