The move to electronic conveyancing only, means:
- The Digital Duties Form is mandatory for all transactions.
- Duties Online (DOL) and complex DOL transaction types must be processed electronically using an Electronic Lodgement Network Operator (ELNO).
Duties Online (DOL) allows registered users to electronically submit details of the most common types of property transfers and declarations of trust for assessment, all from the convenience of their office.
When the electronic transaction is finalised and paid or exempted, DOL will instantly transmit confirmation of the duty assessment to Land Use Victoria.
The confirmation details are stored in the Land Use Victoria database until the transfer of land is lodged for registration. The details are then used to confirm that the duty obligations have been met.
For declarations of trust, registered users can print a certificate directly from DOL as evidence that duty has been paid.
What is Duties Online?
Duties Online is a State Revenue Office system enabling registered users to:
- calculate the duty payable for a land transfer or declaration of trust
- complete a Digital Duties Form
- apply for a refund of duty for an over payment.
Register to use DOL
Any partners in a firm, corporation, company or society that is regularly engaged in property conveyancing can apply to use DOL.
In considering your application to become a registered user, we take into account a range of factors, including:
- the estimated number of transactions you will process using DOL
- your lodging history with us
- the suitability of your organisation and its staff
- any other relevant information.
Approved applicants must agree to the terms and conditions set out in the DOL notice of a special tax return arrangement.
To help you register, browse our DOL tutorial video library.
Forgotten your password?
You can reset your Duties Online password following our simple three-step instructions.
Lodge documents for duty assessment as an individual
Members of the public who are not using a DOL registered user (usually a solicitor or conveyancer) who want to lodge electronically as an individual can do so after a simple registration process. You can electronically lodge scanned documents for a land transfer or declaration of trust via our website after registering with us.
If you have a question or need more information about becoming a registered user, contact DOL Support Services on 13 21 61 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and assistance
Registered Duties Online users can use the system between 7am and 10pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
Refer to our Evidentiary Requirements Manual.
To help registered users with the system, we have:
- a range of helpful videos
- frequently asked questions about:
- an Evidentiary Requirements Manual.
If you have any questions, call us on 13 21 61 or contact us online.
Evidentiary Requirements Manual
Our Evidentiary Requirements Manual provides information about the evidence you need to provide to us so we can assess your transaction or grant an exemption in accordance with the Duties Act 2000.
- Most transactions need to be lodged through Duties Online.
- DOL transactions - lodged before settlement via ELNO lodgement.
- Complex transactions - lodged 30 days before settlement via ELNO lodgement.
- After settlement - ELM (paper) transactions via settlement statement.
In limited instances, the State Revenue Office may accept documents lodged outside of Duties Online directly online.
For more information on each category and their evidentiary requirements, use our Evidentiary Requirements Manual.