We understand that mental health and wellbeing can affect your ability to manage your tax obligations. But support is available to help you.
Mental health resources
If you or others are in immediate danger, call emergency services on 000.
A range of resources are available to help you improve your mental health and wellbeing:
- Lifeline provides 24/7 crisis support via phone (13 11 14), text (0477 13 11 14) and online chat.
- The Suicide Call Back Service offers 24/7 counselling to people affected by suicide via phone (1300 659 467) and online.
- Beyond Blue provides information about anxiety, depression and mental health, as well as 24/7 support via phone (1300 224 636) and online chat.
- SuicideLine Victoria offers 24/7 counselling for people living in Victoria via phone (1300 651 251) and online.
- 13YARN (13 92 76) is a 24/7 crisis support line for Indigenous Australians.
- Head to Health is a search engine to connect you with hundreds of mental health services and resources that might help you.
Financial wellbeing support
- MoneySmart offers free tools, tips and guidance to help you take control of your money.
- The National Debt Helpline is a free financial counselling service available via phone (1800 007 007, weekdays 9:30 am–4:30 pm) and online chat (weekdays 9 am–8 pm).
- Financial Counselling Victoria can help you find a local financial counsellor to give you free, independent and non-judgmental support.
- Mob Strong Debt Help (1800 808 488) is a free legal advice and financial counselling service for First Nations Peoples.
Help for businesses
- Headway is the Victorian Government’s wellbeing initiative for small business. Headway includes the Partners in Wellbeing helpline (1300 375 330, weekdays 9 am–10 pm, weekends and public holidays 9 am–5 pm), which offers access to business advisors, financial counsellors and wellbeing coaches.
- The Victorian Small Business Commission has worked with Beyond Blue to develop ‘A small business owner’s guide to creating a mental health plan’.
- The Small Business Debt Helpline (1800 413 828, weekdays 9 am–5:30 pm) provides specialist financial counselling for small business owners.