Congestion Levy - Exemption Claim Form
This form is used by car park occupants requesting, or who have previously requested, exemptions from the Congestion Levy.
To determine whether you are eligible for an exemption, please refer to the congestion levy exemptions and concessions page.
To find out more about the process of making an exemption claim before completing the claim form, please refer to the claim an exemption page.
Instructions for car park owners and operators
- If an occupant has previously provided you with a written claim for exemption confirming that the relevant exemption requirements in this form are satisfied, there is no need to ask the occupant to complete this form as well.
- If you are currently claiming an exemption for an occupant and you are unsure whether that exemption applies, please contact us.
- Please ask occupants to provide completed forms or written claims for an exemption to you. You should retain the completed forms and other written claims for an exemption for your records. Upon request, these records must be provided to us for the purpose of substantiating your exemption claims.
- You may claim an exemption only if a parking space is exempt for a full calendar year. If your parking space is exempt for part of the year, you may be eligible for a concession.
Instructions for car park occupants
- You should use this form if you have use of a parking space(s) in a car park (whether under a lease, licence or any other arrangement) for the whole of the previous calendar year, and you wish to claim an exemption from the congestion levy. If you use the parking space(s) for an exempt purpose for only for part of a calendar year, you may be eligible for a concession.
- If you are unsure whether you satisfy the requirements for an exemption, please contact us.
- You are responsible for notifying the owner or operator of the parking space(s) of any changes that may impact on whether an exemption still applies.
Last modified: 9 September 2022