Reducing regulatory burden
The Victorian Government has an ongoing focus on reducing regulatory burden for businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government service providers and households. As part of this initiative, we are committed to making it easier for customers to do business with us by continually looking for ways to reduce red tape.
Over the years, we have completed a number of initiatives to streamline tax administration resulting in significant red tape savings for our customers. These include:
- Consolidating 17 paper-based forms into one Digital Duties Form.
- Payroll tax e-business initiatives.
- Payroll tax harmonisation with other jurisdictions.
- Simplification of the off-the-plan duty concession form and requirements.
- Reduced documentary requirements for the First Home Owner Grant.
- The introduction of Duties Online and the reduced regulatory burden.
- Changes to documentary requirements for unclaimed money claims.
We will continue to find innovative ways to cut regulatory burden for our customers. If you have any suggestions for how we can improve or streamline the administration of Victoria's revenue laws, please complete our online suggestion form.
Statement of Expectations
The Statement of Expectations (SOE) framework forms part of the Victorian Government's red tape reduction initiative.
The objective of this framework is to promote greater efficiency and effectiveness in the administration and enforcement of regulation, without compromising regulatory standards or outcomes.
Statement of Expectations 2018-19 and Action Plan