Skip to main content Go to home page


This video provides an overview of what to do if you disagree with the site valuations listed on your land tax assessment.


Your land tax assessment is calculated using the total taxable site value of land you own. The site value is determined by the Valuer-General Victoria and fluctuates with the property market.

Land tax is calculated using the previous year’s valuations. This means property valuations on your land tax assessment this year were determined by the Valuer-General as at 1 January last year.

If you disagree with the valuation of your property on your land tax assessment, you can lodge an objection via the SRO website, using the online objection portal. The SRO will refer the objection to the Valuer-General of Victoria for consideration.

You must lodge your valuation objection within two months from the assessment issue date. It is important you lodge your objection within time, as there is no discretion to accept late objections.

Find out more at

Last modified: 21 December 2023
Back to top