The HomeBuilder grant closed to new applications on 14 April 2021. If you applied, you have until 30 June 2025 to complete your application and provide all supporting documents. We will not accept late applications.
The State Revenue Office of Victoria is administering the HomeBuilder Grant on behalf of the Australian Government, which set a closing date to apply for the grant of 14 April 2021.
Accordingly, an applicant must have started their application in the HomeBuilder online application portal before the closing date. The Commissioner of State Revenue has no discretion or authority to accept applications which were not started in the online portal before midnight on 14 April 2021.
Read the HomeBuilder Grant guidelines
The HomeBuilder Grant guidelines provide detailed information on the eligibility criteria and the supporting documents that need to be provided by applicants.
There are different guidelines if you are:
Upload your supporting documents
Applications for the Australian HomeBuilder Grant closed at midnight on Wednesday 14 April 2021.
However, applicants who had started their application in the online portal prior to the closing date, can continue their application, including uploading their supporting documents, as they become available. The deadline to submit supporting documentation for all existing HomeBuilder Grant applications has been extended to 30 June 2025.
When you are uploading your supporting documents, you should carefully read the supporting document checklist in the online portal, checking that you have uploaded all the required documents. This will ensure that your application is processed as smoothly as possible, without the need to get back to you in relation to missing or incomplete documents.
Uploading your documents
To upload your documents, you will need to log in to the HomeBuilder portal and complete the authentication process.
Once in the portal, select the ‘documents’ button. To upload a document, select ‘choose file’. Uploading a document is a 3-step process.
- Select ‘browse’ to find the relevant document on your computer or device, and select ‘open’. The file must be a PDF or JPG and cannot be larger than 40mb.
- From the list of supporting documents required, select which document(s) are included in the file you are uploading.
- At the bottom of the page, select ‘upload’. The system will provide you with confirmation once the file has been uploaded successfully.
You can upload documents using this 3-step process as many times as required.
You can only upload documents one at a time. That is, you can not upload several documents at the same time.
- Incomplete — you have started your application but information is missing. We will not process incomplete applications. You need to complete your application by 30 June 2025.
- Documents required — you have not provided all the documents needed. All supporting documents must be provided by 30 June 2025 to complete your application. We will not process an application in this status.
- Submitted for processing — your application is ready to be processed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct supporting documents were provided.
- Lodged — your application has progressed. If you have not heard anything within 15 business days of submitting your application for processing, please email us and include your application code.
It is important to be aware that your application cannot be processed until you have completed all the steps described above.
If you have not done so already, you should complete your application as soon as possible and ensure that all supporting documents are provided.
We will email you to advise you of the outcome as soon as we have reviewed your application and supporting documents. The grant will be paid into your nominated account, generally within 5 days of notifying you that your application was successful.