If you offer keno games to Victorian players, you must register for keno tax using the Keno tax – registrations and returns form:
- Existing keno entities that offer keno games to Victorian players must register for keno tax before 1 May 2022.
- New keno entities must register before the end of the first month in which they become liable to pay keno tax.
Returns and payment are due within 30 days of the end of each month. You must submit a return even if no tax is payable for the month.
Complete the declaration
In the Keno tax – registrations and returns form:
- review the collection statement and complete the declaration
- enter your name and contact details, as the person completing the registration
- select ‘registering for keno tax’.
Provide your business details
Enter the required information for the business you are registering:
- customer type
- ABN (if applicable)
- contact information
- State Revenue Office customer number (if the business is an existing customer)
- the date the business commenced operating keno games
- the jurisdiction its licence is registered in
- estimated monthly net keno revenue
- authorised officer details (your point of contact for keno tax related queries).
Lodge a monthly return
Once we have processed your registration, you will be sent an SRO customer number (if you did not previously have one).
Use this number to lodge a return and pay the tax within 30 days of the end of each month.