Wagering and betting entities pay the tax on their net wagering revenue, including GST, from customers located in Victoria at the time of making bets if that revenue exceeds $1,000,000 in a financial year.
Helping you get it right
To help you get it right, we provide a range of information and tools, including:
- information on the wagering and betting tax
- an online portal where you can register, submit your monthly returns and pay the tax
- frequently asked questions and answers about the tax.
Our compliance activities include:
- identifying unregistered wagering and betting entities whose total net wagering revenue exceeds the annual threshold in a financial year
- investigating entities who fail to lodge and pay amounts owing
- investigating registered wagering and betting entities to ensure that accurate total net wagering income amounts, inclusive of GST, have been reported and the correct amounts paid on their returns
- investigating wagering and betting entities that are related bodies who have failed to register as a group.