Lodge a return and make a payment
Returns and payment are due within 30 days of the end of each month. You must submit a return even if no tax is payable for the month.
You must register with us before you can lodge a return.
The return requires details of all your Victorian wagering and betting activity for the month, not just amounts above the threshold. You are required to provide a breakdown of the wagering revenue, including the dollar value of:
- fixed odds bets - bets placed at a fixed price or bets which derive their dividends from a totalisator ('tote derivatives')
- free bets
- simulated racing bets
- payouts - payouts that were paid or became payable during the month.
Totalisator and betting agent bets
- commissions received and fractions retained.
Betting exchange bets
- commissions received.
If you are lodging a return on behalf of a group, you must provide this information for each group member.
Use your username and password to log in to the online portal.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
Lodge your return
- Select the ‘Lodge’ button in the ‘Action’ column of the Returns Summary table - returns must be lodged in chronological order, so only one ‘Lodge’ button will be displayed even if there are multiple returns outstanding.
- Read and complete the declaration.
- Enter details of your wagering and betting activity for the month - if you are lodging on behalf of a group, you will need to complete this section for each member.
- Select ‘Lodge’.
Pay the tax
Once you have lodged your return, you can pay by credit card or direct debit via the online portal.
You can also pay via electronic funds transfer (EFT).
To print a payment record:
- Log in to the online portal.
- Select the relevant return in the ‘Period’ column of the 'Returns Summary' table.
- Select ‘View receipt’.
- Select ‘Print’.
News and updates
18 October 2022
Our document exchange service is ending
2 December 2021
Windfall Gains Tax and State Taxation and Other Acts Further Amendment Act 2021 introduces tax changes
8 October 2021
Victorian Homebuyer Fund announced
- View more news