Skip to main content Go to home page
  1. Check the guidelines

    A subsidy is available to eligible liquor licensees.

    To claim a subsidy:

    • you must hold or have held a liquor licence (‘the licensing requirement’)
    • you must have paid ‘Commonwealth taxes’ (‘the tax requirement’).

    If you have accessed and received the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant (the Wine Australia Grant), you could still be eligible under the Victorian Liquor Subsidy for the shortfall amount. 

    The liquor subsidy guidelines provide a full summary of the requirements that must be met to receive the subsidy from the Victorian Government.

  2. Gather supporting information

    The following information is required to complete the Liquor Subsidy Claim Form-01

    Please refer to the form for specific instructions:

    • state licence number and valid ABN
    • name, trading name and addresses of licensed premises
    • the month/quarter the claim relates to
    • subsidy amount claimed in respect of low alcohol wine, cellar door and mail-order sales, and applications to own use
    • relevant financial institution details, including account name, BSB and account number.

    You will also need to satisfy the evidentiary requirements listed Victorian Liquor Subsidy Claim Form document checklist (this checklist is part of the form).

    If you are applying with special circumstances, you must provide evidence to support your claim.

  3. Complete and lodge your claim form

    Complete and submit your form online. The State Revenue Office will review and process your form. 

    Complete Liquor Subsidy Claim Form-01

Next Steps

Your records substantiating all claims must be kept for five years and be available for us to check on request.

For more information about WET, please contact the Australian Taxation Office.

If you have received a refund, reduction or credit in wine equalisation tax (WET) or excise in the relevant period, and that adjustment means the amount of your subsidy claim should be adjusted, check you have adjusted your subsidy claim accordingly. If you discover an error in a previous return that affects your subsidy claim, you must adjust your claim accordingly.

Last modified: 23 October 2023

News and updates

Back to top